What You Can Do
The Christchurch farmstay is run by Pete and Gaye Hurst. Pete will take you on a tour of the farm.Watch his dogs round up the sheep before he shears one just for you. Then enjoy a good traditional kiwi BBQ and maybe a glass of wine.
Stay the night,relax and enjoy a home cooked meal and stargaze one of the best skies in the world before retiring to your room.
On the Farm
- Watch Pete shear a sheep up close
- Watch Jessie the dog round up the mob of sheep
- Hand feed the sheep and calves
- Hand feed and pet the friendly alpacas.
- Check out the hand made garments from our own sheep and alpacas.
- Visit a herd of over 500 cows and see them get milked
- Go for a walk around the farm and experience first hand the quietness and tranquility of the area.
- Play golf at the local club. Clubs provided
- Native bush walks
- Hiking or cycling our local forest, coastal and mountain tracks
- Visit our popular wineries
- Jet Boating Horse riding with a qualified instructor
- Beaches - you have 4 to choose from
- Visit the local museums
Hosts to escort you on day trips of your choice
Gaye or Peter can also pick you up from Christchurch International or Domestic Airport if you need a ride
For availability and pricing please contact us